FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR 2022-2023
For the past two years, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has offered waivers to Child Nutrition (CN) Programs across the United States, allowing these programs to offer all students breakfast and lunch, at no charge. These waivers will expire on June 30, 2022.
This means that starting next school year, 2022-2023, the CN programs across the nation will return to normal, pre- pandemic operations. Families will once again be asked to complete and submit a current school year Free/Reduced Meal Application if they would like to see if their students qualify based on the income of all family members. In the past years, the first 30 days of the school year carryover status from the previous school year. Since there were very few meal applications submitted over the past couple of years, there are a few things that parents/guardians can do to ensure their students are ready to start the 2022-23 school year and eliminate the possibility of charges (please refer to the Alternative Meal Procedure located under “Child Nutrition Documents” on the CN Services webpage) at the start of the year…
1. Complete a 2021-22 meal application. This will give the student(s) a 30-day carryover status to start the 2022-23 school year and give families time to complete the new 2022-23 meal application at the start of the school year.
2. Be on the watch for the new 2022-23 meal application to complete as soon as it is made available by USDA before the start of the school year. Doing this will cover the student for the entire 2022-23 school year and no other steps will be necessary unless there is an income change during the school year.
The Adams County Ohio Valley School District (ACOVSD) CN Department will provide notification as soon as USDA makes the new 2022-23 meal application available, in order for all families to be able to complete the meal application as soon as possible at the beginning of the 2022-23 school year. Meal applications can be completed in two ways…
1. Meal applications can be printed from the CN Services webpage on the ACOVSD website (www.ovsd.us), picked up at the student’s home school or picked up at the Child Nutrition Office. These meal applications need to be completed in entirety and returned to the student’s home school or the CN Office.
2. Meal applications can be completed online by going to the CN Services webpage on the district website.
To visit the Child Nutrition Services webpage, please do the following…
1. Go to the ACOVSD website (www.ovsd.us)
2. Choose “Menu”, located on the top, right hand side
3. Choose “Child Nutrition Services” under the “Departments” section
The Child Nutrition Department is committed to assisting families and making this transition back to normal operations as easy as possible. Please feel free to contact our offices at 937.544.5586, ext. 6.